ARA Moreno Argentinian dreadnought battleship
ARA Moreno was the second Rivadavia class battleship, built for Argentina in the USA. Argentina took delivery of the ship in May 1915 and it joined the First Division of the Argentinian Navy based at Puerto Belgrano.
Moreno returned to the USA for modernisation in 1924, giving it improved fire-control and oil instead of coal fired boilers. Resuming service with Argentina in August 1926, Moreno took part in various diplomatic cruises during the 1930s. Owing to Argentina's neutrality she did not take part in World War Two.
Moreno was decommissioned in 1949, eventually struck from the navy list on 1 October 1956 and sold for scrap to the Japanese Yawata Iron and Steel Company on 11 January 1957 for $2,468,660.
Rivadavia class ships: Rivadavia, Moreno.